Thursday, November 08, 2007

colds be gone!

I kept Makena home from preschool today b/c she woke up with a cough and runny nose. Brody has had his cold since last Saturday so I wasn't to shocked when she got it. Now, she really isn't that bad but I always got annoyed when kids would come to school with major runny noses or yucky coughs so I did not send her. Hey, since I am a SAHM I have the chance to keep her here. We did run an errand though to get out of the house! :0) Last night Ryan asked me if there was anything we could give B and I reminded him of the FDA ruling on cold medicine. (He wasn't so impressed with that one.) Well, at least B is not miserable so I know it is not the flu.
So, here's another topic: Lost Socks
This week we have lost three socks while Brody was wearing them. On Monday, I took him for pictures. We had to wait for a while before viewing them so I put him in the baby Bjorn and walked around. Well, after 20 minutes I just happened to grab his little toes and thought "oh, baby feet are so soft...wait a second..where's his socks??" Yep, lost both of them! Then today, as we are at a store, I noticed that once again he had lost a sock! This time it was only one. Now, you may be wondering why I did not scour the store/mall looking for them. Because when you are out with kids, you only have a limited amount of time before the BD (breakdown). I was not going to waste 20 minutes and risk them both having a breakdown over socks. So this is what I propose. Remember the mittens with a string that connects both of them together? You would put the mittens up one arm and down the other so they could never be lost. Well, let's do that with baby socks. They would go up one leg and down the other...gotcha thinking eh? Just one issue--leaking diaper. Do you really want to be cleaning poop off a string? I didn't think so. So, I am back to just losing socks! Any ideas?

No comments: