Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm a Mess

I am a mess. Change is sometimes difficult for me. Although I strive to be flexible, I still am not a huge fan of change...unless it is furniture/paint/decorating but that is another post. I digress...today it really hit me that a huge change is coming in just a few months. Makena will be entering kindergarten and our lives are going to immensely change. She will be at different a school than some of her closest friends and it just break my heart to think that those friendships may change. (Perhaps because I am so close to the moms and I do not want to see those friendships change...) Anyway, a former co-worker once said this to me regarding preschool and the future, "Now is the time when you may choose a different route than your good friends. School is an area where you have to do what is best for Makena and that may not be the same things as what your friends choose for their kids." Ahh...so true..although really all of my friends have choosen the same things thus far. Anyway, for today, I am a mess.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You will do what is right for your family and still have those friendships to keep. Really it is the best of both worlds.

Hang in there, I totally understand the change thing and doing something different with education. Hugs to you and a huge pat on your back!!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

I know what you're going through, Mel. I'm going through the same thing with Michael and middle school. His best friends (and one of my best friends) will be going to Citrus while I have been wanting Michael to go to CFIS for a very long time. He will have some friends there, but we have to make the best choices for our kids, which are sometimes so painful. What your job will be is to be SURE to keep in touch with those other friends and get lots of playdates going! If they are truly friends, they will also make it a point to stay in touch. Even if it can't be as often as you'd like. Hang in there!