Saturday, February 28, 2009

Beans, the magical toy






I have a container of beans that I pull out for the kids to play with. I love it! "Beans" allows the kids to use their fine motor skills, mathmatical reasoning, cognitive skills, language, and more. In our bean container I mixed lima, kidney, navy, and popcorn. That was a random add-in because I had it in its own place but it was getting to be to many containers! This day I pulled it out for the cousins and they all went to town!





3 comments:

YaklinFam said...

Looks like fun!! We will have to try this. The kids are growing up so fast. I hope Madelyn and Makena are able to meet someday!!
Hope all is well with you!

Katherine and Richard said...

You know I love beans as well...but I looked at these pictures and thought you are so brave! However, I know it makes a big mess but cleans up quick! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Ryan and Melanie said...

They did! Plus, you know me and messes...It looks way worse! :)