Sunday, July 13, 2008

Princess Lapbook






I have been researching about lapbooks over the past weeks. Basically, you create a file folder activity center tailored to your child's interest. The internet has a lot of resources to use and being a teacher, I have a lot too! So I copied some ideas from this lady who created a Cinderella lapbook for her 2 year old and then added more of my own. I made one for Makena and Savannah since they both like princesses. The front is just the cover. When the lapbook is opened there is a book to read called Cinderella's colors and a shape activity to do. (These were copied from the site of one little, two little which I will link on this page later.) On the other side, is a phonics activity where M can match the correct letters together and say their sounds. Below that is princess memory matching game! On the back, I made a phonemic awareness/phonics game for beginning sounds using picture cards and letters. The little markers are "jewels"! (I am honestly not sure how that game will turn out since this is my first one. But I can always adjust it later!) I have shown the lapbook to Makena but told her it is for the airplane so she can't do the activities in it yet. She is very excited! I also paper clipped a few princess coloring sheets to the inside for the plane. I had a lot of fun making this and depending on how she likes it, I may make more!

2 comments:

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

ooohhhh. I may need to take a peek at that! Sounds very cool!

bodybyfitnessmeme said...

Your Lapbook is wonderful! I love the phonics game you made and all the great additions you put into it. Thanks for sharing. ~Sako from One Little, Two Little