Thursday, April 17, 2008
A passion of mine
This week has just been so great. I was able to see some of my former teammates in teaching for lunch on Tuesday. I stopped by my friend Lisa's classroom and it was so exciting to see all of the learning that was taking place. They had just done open house so the room still had all of their work displayed all over. I loved it. Then on Wednesday, Angela asked me to come to her class for a special day and be a "reader" to her third graders. I talked about my passion for reading and struggling as a reader when I was little. (now, apparently this is up for debate as my mom said that I never struggled but I seem to remember struggling sooo....) Then I read three Froggy books by Jonathon London. (These are simply wonderful for all children.) While reading, I had the kids join me on certain parts and do little brain breaks in-between books. After the stories were read, I taught them a directed drawing of Froggy. (This I learned years ago from Katherine who taught with me.) The third graders were WONDERFUL! It was so much fun being there and it made me miss it. I love staying home and I love teaching...well the real teaching part not the politics. I guess that politics is found in every job though so anyway. I still haven't resigned and am currently mulling over going back. I am partly kicking myself for not job sharing but who knew I would feel this way as B is about to turn one and dubs is almost four. Anyway, this is just blabbing and things that I have to work out and figure out with God and Ryan. I hope you all had a great week too!!