Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Brody's First Birthday Party

Click to play Brody's Party
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!


We held Brody's Birthday party last Saturday. We decided to do it early because both sets of grandparents were in town. The party was a duckie theme and very cute! My friend made the invitations which were awesome! Thank you Katherine! Many of our friends and family were unable to join us on that special day; they were missed but the ones who came made the party wonderful! On the front door was a sign that said "Welcome to our pond. Waddle on it!" There were duckies and duck feet on the sign. We had balloon, clipart ducks, 1st birthday hangers, and a banner in the backyard. There was a bubble machine going which the kids all loved. It made so many bubbles!! During the party, we decorated gift bags, played games, colored with chalk Duck Eggs, and ate yummy cupcakes and ice cream. Everyone had a good time! The favors were bubbles, chalk duck eggs, and a soap with a duckie in it. The only bummer was that Brody had not been feeling well so he wasn't his usual cheerful self. He wasn't crabby just not super smiley. Overall it was a perfect party and a great way to celebrate our little baby Brody! Thank you to all who came!

4 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

How fun. I can't wait for Makenlee's the 19th. I will have to send you our invite. It turned out so cute.

breitx4 said...

Oh, my heart is aching! I missed you party, Brody and it looked like so much fun. I am going to give you a million kisses next time I see you so be prepared. In the meantime, I have some other goodies I need to get in the mail for you. Auntie loves you!

Mina said...

You did such a great job on that video/slideshow! The party looked so cute! We really wish we could have been there! Happy Birthday Brody!!!

Liz said...

Hi Melanie,

At the top of the scrapblog site you can save your header as a JPEG picture.
-Go to your blogspot home page and sign in.
-Click on layout
-Click edit in header section
-Click browse to look for your JPEG image you saved on your computer.
-In the placement section click instead of title and description
-click resize picture to fit.
Hopefully, this works for you.
Let me know if you need more help. It took a while for me to figure it out.

Great pictures from Brody's B-day! Your kids are so cute. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Take care, Liz