Ok, so I have finally had it! Here's what's been going on at our household.
two weeks ago: I walk out to do my laundry and find a mouse scampering about; ryan sets a trap and two days later-snap!
Friday: Ryan rips up the entryway flooring due to the floor lifting and discovers a mysterious white and brown powdery substance and an awful smell. (mildew? mold?)
Saturday: Ryan's brother, R, flies in and says," looks like mold and mildew, we'll know the extent of the damage in the morning."
Sunday: Guess what? It is mold and mildew and the seams are lifting throughout our flooring so we have to get new flooring immediately. We all start the demo-ing and R finds out the source of the mold and mildew. (our waterheater leaked 2 1/2 years old and apparently that caused it. The mold and mildew took this long to manifest. (grrrrrr....) We head out to find flooring and talk to our insurance agency. We take lots of pictures to document the damage and then R and R set about cleaning it up. (They use a strong substance that is so smelly, I take the kids and head to a hotel for the night.)
Monday:Talk to the claim adjuster and our insurance is sending someone out to look at the floor and pictures. Ok, no problem. We'll start redoing the floor tonight so all is well. UNTIL...I go outside to my backyard to do some cleaning up. (it finally rained after two years, seriously, so I had to hose all of the gunk off.) Well, guess what I find? A dead mouse half stuck under our house and half stinking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed!!!!!!!!! That was it!!!! Wanna know what is even worse? R and R couldn't get the dead thing out!!! It was stuck!!!!! oh, and it smelled!!! So, I just want to move! This is so gross!!!!!!!!!! HOWEVER, a longtime friend had it WAY worse a few years ago so I know that this is only minor. (L, I am talking about you!!) ok, that is all for now.
PS: HAPPY 33RD BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!
3 comments:
OK-- so you found a mouse! Well I killed four of them in my basement a few weeks ago. Aunt Bev said she heard "munching" and we found mouse evifdence! I've had the traps set since and no more meeces! Guess we got all of them buggers!
Hey by the way-- you've got some really cute kids!
From Uncle Joe (and Aunt Bev)
You are too funny! Yes you remember my horrible story, be glad it was a mouse.
Good thing you are changing the flooring and fixing the mold. You could have gotten sick. I hope you ins. pays for it all. (saying a prayer for that one)
I was afraid to open your blog for fear that there would be a picture of the mouse! Agh! Just thank Go it isn't rats and spiders... or lice, or fleas, or termites, or scabies, or a 14 foot python trapped in you plumbing... ;) Sorry, I was grocery shopping an looked at all of the tabloids! (remember the world's largest baby????!!!) I miss you!
Post a Comment