Saturday, July 22, 2006

Nightmare come true

Last night I woke up at 1:15 a.m. with my hear pounding. I had been dreaming about a party that Makena and I were going to today. The party was next to the pool at my clubhouse. Well in my dream there were all these people and I just kept fearing that Makena would fall into the pool and noone would see her. I seriously couldn't fall back asleep for about an hour. Anyway, so today we head to the party and it is fun, although it is 108 here. We see the clown and munch on some food. Then, Makena decides that she wants to go into the kiddie pool which comes up to her chest. No problem b/c I have her suit and swim diaper! (I did not bring/wear my suit and am in white capries and a cute pink tank top.) So I am being the "watchful" mommy by standing right by the pool's edge and walking around it as she moves. Well, in the beginning on little girl pushes Makena and she almost falls backward, but she didn't. Well, later on she goes back into the pool and I am still standing there. (Side note: all of the other parents are watching their kids from about 15 feet away...but not me! I should win an award! J/K) I start chatting with a random person about how I am sooooo hot and should have wore my suit or at least shorts. I tell the lady that now if I have to jump in, I am in white pants!!! Go figure! Well, I jinxed myself b/c about 2 minutes later, Makena is in the middle of the kiddie pool and I am on the edge when she slips and falls forward into the pool. She tries to stand up but can't and my stomach DROPS!!!!! I jump into the pool and snatch her up. My heart is pounding as I say, "Are you ok, Dubbies?" She is sort of crying, dripping wet, and I am SOAKING wet with white capries on!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It is my nightmare and it has come true!!!!!!!! Anyway, I wrapped a towel around her and myself and realized that I couldn't stay. So we said good-bye to the host and headed home. (**the host did say that she would watch Makena while I went home to change but I was a bit too freaked out after that.) I love the water and so does Makena but drownings (sp?)can happend so quickly and I am petrified of that so I just had to go. As we are walking towards the car, Makena is saying to me "what happened?" and "Dubbies fall" It seriously freaked me out!!!! Plus I was embarassed to be in white see-thru pants. So that is my story and I hope it never happens again. Now, for all of you who read this, I already know to never wear white pants near a pool again!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

ohh my goodness...i cannot believe how strange that was that your dream was coming true. good thing you had your eyes on her. and the white pants, anyone who can wear white pants shouldnt be embarrassed when they become white swim shorts. especially when you have the medal for being a safe and good mommy.
no more nightmares or you will have an NBC tv series.

Rebecca Lacko said...

You're such a good mommy to stay so close to Makena! You can never be too careful. I guess your wet capri could be called a "ca-booty", being see-through, if ya know what I mean.
I'm glad you and Dubbies got home safe and sound, if a little wet.