Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Waiting Game

 My dad has cancer.  We found out a few months ago and he just underwent surgery on Tuesday for it.  While they removed the main area, the doctor did biopsy some other areas and we have to wait to see the results.  I am not the best at waiting and being so far away is pretty hard.  I think I am learning that living far away from my parents as we all get older is hard.  It is still me desire to have them move out here.  (Ok, I am not being selfish as even they wouldn't recommend us moving back to MI with the economy there...)  Plus I want my oldest sister out here.  I had such a great time at home that I can't wait to get together again.  Who knows when that will be though.  Anyway, back to the main idea of this post...  so I got to talk to my dad today and it was good.  We are all praying for a good recovery and that they cancer is gone!  Please join us in praying!  Thanks!!

2 comments:

Marji said...

You all have been in my thoughts all week this week. Take care LB

Katherine and Richard said...

I'm praying for him. I'm so sorry! You know you can talk to me anythime. I just hate to ask you about it too much in case you don't want to talk about it. When Gary was sick, sometimes I would have moments where I wasn't totally thinking about it (not that I ever really forgot) and I could feel "normal" for a minute. Then, someone, with only the best intentions, would ask and I would be like "Oh yeah my brother has cancer!" and a wave of depression would just sweep over me. But, sometimes I wanted to talk about it. So, I try not to ask you too much but I am always thinking about you and praying for your family. Love you!