Monday, August 03, 2009

Running Errands

What a busy morning we've had today! I packed the kids up and took them all over our hometown. We headed to Goodwill to donate things. I love getting rid of stuff. It is such a feeling of relief to have the stuff gone and out of our lives forever!!! We have too much stuff and I can't stand having a pile of stuff that we don't use just sitting in the closet, attic, playroom, family room....wherever!!!!! (I'll be downsizing a lot in the next few months as we prepare for our newest little one. I am also searching for coordinating bedding for the M and B...but that is another post.) So after donating, we headed to Makena's former preschool and the library. We have a great library that always runs an awesome summer reading program. (We actually did not do the summer reading program this year because I forgot! Oops!!!! We got some great books which I am going to spend time reading with Makena in a few minutes. ) Then we hit........Wal-Mart or what I refer to as Wally World out here. Now, I have been to some great Wal-Marts in other areas and states but I just have pure luck whenever I go to the one closest to me. Check this out. I have experienced: a woman standing in line with her shirt pulled up breast feeding and had a LOT exposed. ( I am all for breastfeeding but that was just way too much exposure for me.) There's been more but it was so traumatizing I just can't recall right now. Anyway, at Wally World today I did not experience anything crazy!!! In fact, I got what I needed at great prices! Even better....M and B were wonderful! Finally we headed home with a small detour to make an eye dr. appt for M to review her patch therapy and eye strength. That will take place next week. Speaking of next week....M starts Kindergarten Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!! More on that later!!! Have a great day and in case you need to go there, it looks to be a great day to head to Wally World.

3 comments:

Linda and Brian said...

What a busy day you had today. My,my, you have had some interesting encounters at Wally World. Makena must be getting so excited about Kindergarten.

Jon and Melissa said...

I have had my share of crazy wally world encounters....We have super walmarts here..Love them! One stop shop. A mother's dream... Super Target is still my mecca....

Ok, tearing up a bit the M is starting kinder Monday....How are our kids old enough for this...E still has another yr. b/c of his b-day. He will be in a 5 day pre-k though so pretty close to what kinder will be.

breitx4 said...

1. Remember the guy at the Big W who tried to kidnap Nicholas?!! Glad you had a "normal" shopping experience.

2. I think you should put a poll on the blog asking how many teachers didn't do (or finish) their summer reading log. We read all the time, but forget to fill it out and turn it in. I'm a horrid mother! :)