Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hi-ho, hi-ho, It's off to Kindergarten Makena Goes!






Makena started kindergarten on the 10th of August. She was so excited! (I was a wreck.) Ryan, Brody, and I took her to school and she officially met her teacher. (I was very impressed with the room environment and set up.) While I never really cried, I had to hold back my tears. I just couldn't believe that my little baby was off to Kindergarten!! The night before I kept remembering various times in her life; it seemed like it had only been a few weeks ago that I brought her home from the hospital. Time needs to slow down!!!!!!!!!! Makena has her good friend in her class which is great and has already met lots of new friends too. I am glad she is in Kindergarten but I do miss her when she is there. :) I can't wait to volunteer in her class. I've already met lots of the parents and they all seem great! On the second day of school, a little girl came right up to her and said,"Hi Makena!" when we walked in. Yea! I could tell that made Makena feel good. I am slowly getting to "know" her classmates as she talks about them. It is neat to hear her tell me about her day. (Of course, you all know that secretly I wish I was there to actually see what goes on.) What a sweet kindergartener!

4 comments:

breitx4 said...

I'm so traumatized over my favorite niece starting kindergarten! I just keep thinking "WHERE did the time go?!!" Nobody told us they would grow SO fast! Hopefully we can talk this weekend and Makena can tell me all about her week:) I miss you all!

Linda and Brian said...

Mel, I can still remember when each of you went to K. It is hard to leave your little one at first. Then when they start sharing their daily experiences you realize how much they enjoy going. Just be glad it is not an all-day program like so many schools are doing now. I would not have liked that for any of you.
Makena, I will see you soon. I love you.....Mimi

Katherine and Richard said...

She looked so beautiful...and so tall and so ready for school...and where are our babies? How did this happen? I can't believe they are in kindergarten! Well, she will have a great year because she is so smart, curious, well behaved, sweet, and she just has such a great personality and she is a great friend! We love her so much!

coreen said...

Hi Mel! First of all, congrats on the upcoming arrival of baby #2!!! So cool. I CAN NOT believe that Makena has started Kindergarten already. I was tearing up looking at her pictures. She is such a cute, happy little girl. You are such a rockin' mom and you have such a beautiful family. We'll be praying for a comfortable pregnancy. Miss you guys!