Thursday, August 28, 2008

Early Riser and more

Beep beep beep....that's my alarm clock at 5:30 a.m. going off to wake me up. Yep, 5:30 a.m. Now, I know that there are some people who wake up much earlier than that but for me, that is early. So why do I wake up that early? To spend an hour or so working. Yes, I have taken a part-time paying job at a great company whose tagline says, "Technology for the Future of Education". It is 12 hours or so per week and mostly from home which is great. I am very excited about the work I have been doing and will do. I am also tutoring my neighbor twice a week, every other week, in reading. She is so sweet and I love it. Ok, so I have added BIG TIME to my workload and apparently, God meant for it to be this way because our house is falling apart!!! Yes, since we got back from our restful vacation, it has been one thing after another on our house....get ready for this... it is hot and our air conditioner needs to be charged and there is a small leak somewhere in it so the guy fixes it, new sod in places, sprinklers broken and changed to be more efficient, light goes out on front porch and my super handy husband cannot fix it, then the lights in our master bath start to flicker and goes off after 1 minute and R cannot fix it, pretty soon one goes out completely and the other stays on for 15 seconds at a time, electrician comes out and fixes one problem and tells R how to fix the other with new can lighting, air conditioner dies....yes, in 92 degree heat, it dies and we have to replace it, R discovers that in updating the lighting he will have to cut into the drywall, put new drywall in, mud, and then replace the lights...........so that is why God knew that we would "need" this paying job. Oh and by the way, we also need new windows and possibly 3 new doorwalls. I am not kidding. And don't forget about the snake!
Seriously, we are totally thankful for my paying job(s). :)

3 comments:

Lori said...

I am glad you have the time to fit the job in. I cannot believe all of the things that are needing to be fixed. Why did all that go wrong at once? That is kinda scary.

Ryan and Melanie said...

It is! My mom read this and emailed me all about older homes and stuff. It is a little overwhelming!

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

WOW, one heck of a day Mel! Sorry you werent able to make it today but you were missed! It was a blast and maybe we can do it again soon! Hope things are looking up with the house! ttys