Saturday, July 12, 2008

Covered from head to toe!

Today was the perfect day to go to the beach! We packed up our blanket, umbrella, towels, sand toys, lunch, and headed to Newport! The kids had so much fun playing in the ocean and sand. Makena and Ryan braved the chilly water and splashed in the waves for hours. Brody rolled in the sand and made friends with everyone around us. He would waddle up to them and smile and immediately become friends. It was so cute! At times, he layed on his tummy and moved his arms in a paddling motion; future surfer??? We met a really nice couple and their son who happened to be from our same city! The boy was 17 and was in a car accident 10 years ago. He has a brain injury and lacks many motor skills. This boy was so friendly and played with the kids. It was neat. He told me,"I am 17 but do you know why I play with sand toys?" I said," why?" He replied, " I was hit by a truck when I was on my bike so I play with the toys because I can't walk good." He then told me about his sister and other things. I really enjoyed talking to him and his parents. Makena eventually came out of the waves and decided to make sand angels! :) Picture making a snow angel just with sand. She was covered from head to toe in sand; actually both kids were covered by this time. Ok, honestly we were all super sandy! We left the beach sandy, happy, and tired!

1 comment:

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

Makes me wanna go to the beach, but yet reminds of me why i dont like it once i get there SAND!!! lol
Sounds like fun!