Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Our life
Decorating...not my strong suit. We are slowly changing the style of our house to reflect a more "Melanie" look. This process involves getting new curtains for our family room. Now, as you may know, it is soooooo hard to find the right curtains. I have searched and searched and searched and searched all over. I have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of curtains only to return them all b/c they do not look right. So yesterday, Ryan and I loaded up our cuties and headed to The Great Indoors. There we found the perfcect curtains! Yes, they are wonderful and just super; however, they cost and crazy amount that I am not willing to pay. So I am back to square one! Grrrrr...............My sister suggested I have find some fabric and have some made. I don't know! I have looked at Pier One, TArget, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Linens and Things, Cost Plus, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, and even googled them online. I am not beginning to hate curtains and lamps... oh yes, we need to get lamps. AGain, found some I like but am not willing to pay a crazy amount. Am I just too frugal? No, not for a one income family. Anyway, I am not ranting and raving and need to go clean the bathroom before B wakes up. Have a great day! ( it is raining here and wonderful!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what is the melanie look? what was the look before?
Good question.. i don't know exactly but it was mission style from Ryan's bachelor days. He brought all this furniture into our marriage and we are slowly changing it. I don't know and that is why decorating is soooo hard for me!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally know how you feel. It is a good thing that you are trying to find them at a good price so you can feel good about making the purchase. You are doing the right thing for a one income family. Keep up the good work and the hunt, you will find them soon.
It took me 8 years to find out what "my" look was and what would make me feel comfy in my own home.
Post a Comment