Sunday, January 27, 2008

Miss America 2008

First and foremost, congratulations Miss Michigan! I am proud to have her as our Miss America, although Miss CA and Miss IN were both up there too. Last night I decided to watch the Miss America show with Makena. After B went to bed, M and I painted our nails, in bright purple, let them dry, grabbed some snacks, made a little comfy spot on the floor and settled down to watch the show. We were having girls nite. Now, I have always been a HUGE fan of the Miss America pagent; I can remember watching it ever since I was a little girl. I have to admit that there have been times when I felt it was a little outdated so imagine my suprise when I discovered that they were revamping Miss America on TLC. (Miss America Reality Check) Yes, I faithfully DVR'd those shows and watched them. (By myself as Ryan would just make fun of me. He obviously did not watch the pagents as a child. :) )Well, I found that show to kind of be a joke. I was disappointed in the tasks that they did but figured that the real contest would be better. Well, it was! I liked they way the introuced themselves in the beginning but thought that the host was....hmmmm..well, he needed to learn to read and remember names better. Anyway, there is a point to this whole thing... So back to M and me watching it. We watched it for a bit and made it to the evening wear. The dresses were so pretty. M said, "Look, a wedding girl." That was the MA of 2007 in a white dress. Then M asked me the name of a contestent. I said,"Miss Georgia." M quietly stated,"Miss Curious Georgia." Then she said,"What is that one named?" I replied,"Miss Washington." M instantly whispered,"Miss Washing Machine-ton." I burst out laughing! I couldn't help it! She literally thought of those word associations instantly and said it so matter of fact! Once I started laughing she started being silly and just saying random things but those first two were hilarious. I had to put her to bed so I finished watching it myself. I thought all of the girls were just so poised and talented! Miss America will always be a favorite of mine.

3 comments:

breitx4 said...

That is hilarious! Makena is such a smartie-pants making connections with her world and new words she learns. It was hard not to tell you the outcome... it's been awhile since Miss MI won. We definitely need something to brag about in MI:)

Ryan and Melanie said...

I agree! I thought her comment about MI and auto plus her answer to the question was great and real!

Lori said...

She is ready to write her first kid version of the Miss America contest in a book. Very great connections! Reminds me of the new Homophone book that came out last year. We love word fun! I look forward to sharing that with the girls. I second what Lori said, she is a smarty-pants!