Thursday, December 06, 2007

dirt for the first time

Today I had the kids outside playing. Makena was squirting things with her waterbottle and told me she was the maker. That means that she makes the water come out of the bottle. Very cute! Brody was rolling all around on this big green blanket. He was a rolling machine and so happy to be outside! He actually rolled off the edge of the blanket by the dirt/mulch. Then he reached out and grabed a handful of dirt and smiled joyfully! I scooped him up and washed his hands before he could put it in his mouth. I can tell that he is going to LOVE being outdoors. Yesterday I put him on the grass sitting down without socks on. He loved the feeling on his feet. Makena hated the grass feeling on her feet as baby and would balance on her bottom while holding her feet in the air to keep them from touching the grass!

No comments: