Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mr. Sandman, where are you?????????????




I am tired. Brody hasn't slept through the night except for weeks 9-11. This means that I haven't slept through the night for almost 9 months now because I can't sleep through the night during my last trimester of pregnancy due to whatever and he is now 6 months old. So guess what? I am TIRED and I look so haggard. (There is only so much Mary Kay can do for me!) He is now up twice a night. Seriously! He gets up btween 10:30-11:00 and then between 3-5:45. What 6 month old needs to eat twice in the night???According to the DR- none! I have tried to just let him cry and just reassure him-doesn't work. I have tried having Ryan go in-just causes him to cry and us to get frusturated. So I end up in there and the cycle continues. GRRRRRR....what to do? Any ideas are welcome so feel free to comment or email me.
Love,
The tired SAHM

3 comments:

Lori said...

I would try to feed him more starch during the day. He is a growing "football" player and he needs his meat and potatoes! hee he. I would try more food or an evening snack before bed. Is he nursing or bottle fed? I bet you are sooo tired and in need of some "me" time. Keep updating on if he sleeps:)

breitx4 said...

Did you try "tanking him up" like I suggested? He is growing a lot faster than the average baby so he probably really is hungry. I believe that Pediatricians take one 2 hour class on nursing so I don't think they always know everything about it. You could also try giving him mashed avacado or very ripe bananas (both highly recommend by Laleche) instead of rice during the day. Will he take a bottle of one of the Avent sippy cups? Both of the above worked for Nicholas. Lastly,
just keep repeating to yourself "football scholarship." I feel for you girl! I remember the days... give my precious nephew a cuddle for me! Love you!

Ryan and Melanie said...

THANKS for the ideas! He is just now sort of taking bananas but a very, very, very small amount. He is nursing and will take a bottle. Ok, there he is so I will write more later!