Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Daily Life

This morning, I apparently did not hear the alarm clock go off and was an hour late waking up. When I finally woke up, I jumped out of bed and raced around trying to get Makena's breakfast and juice while Ryan got her dressed. Then I quickly fed Brody and did Makena's hair all the while trying not to impose my "need to be on time-ness". Why the rush? Because she was going back to preschool after missing last week. I did not have time to get dressed and put on Makena up so I stole an idea that I read about a year or so ago from another blog. (Wear workout clothes and act like I am on my way to the gym after I drop her off. Ha ha!!! ) Well, we finally made it! Luckily they have a floating arrival time so it was ok that I was 15 minutes late. After dropping her off, B and I went drove home. He fell asleep in the car and actually managed to transfer and then sleep for another 40 minutes. Yea! I cleaned Makena's room and organized her bookcase. I also got B's room cleaned and gave him another bath as he had a huge blowout. :) (oh the joys of poop! Then I threw in a load of his laundry. (have i mentioned that i figured out that his clothes have to be rinsed twice so there is no dreft left?) I did manage to take a shower but the whole time, B was SCREAMING his head off while I thought he was quietly resting in his crib. Oops! So I quickly hopped out the shower, and grabbed him before the neighbors could call CPS. I now had 25 minutes to get dressed, do my hair and make up, grab lunch and head out the door to get Makena. Here's what it looked like:
7 mintes to calm Brody down He was really, really upset at the crib thing...(I achieved this by having him look in a mirror while holding him and making funny faces.)
7 minutes to sort of dry my hair and put on my make up (all the while playing peek a boo with brody who is sitting in his bouncy seat and fussing)
3 minutes to get dressed
5 minutes to make a sandwich and chat with Ryan on the phone
3 minutes to eat my sandwich and clean up the kitchen
Then it was brush my teeth, put B in his carseat, grab a water, and walk out the door! WHEW!!!!!
I hopped in the Expedition and drove to preschool where I was greeted by an adorable little three year old with pigtails with a huge smile on her face saying, "Mommy!!!" What a great treat!!! So my morning has been a busy one but not too shabby. Time to go tell Makena to stop singing and go to sleep and then I am going to take 15 minutes to read. What a great life I have!

3 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Isn't being a mom fun. It never stops. We are always going. Who needs to workout we are running all day, right?

Ryan and Melanie said...

seriously!

Lori said...

I am laughing out loud! To funny. I always pull the "look I just worked out" outfit. What else can you wear with no make-up/shower and get away with it! ha haa It is funny how "me" time is so small....it just makes you enjoy those small things like a pedicure alone, a haircut or even looking at a mag! Your a great Mom to those adorable kids of yours!