Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Clean Teeth!

Today was Makena's first trip to the dentist. The office where we go is wonderful! They are very kind and were especially accommodating to Makena. The hygentist (sp?) showed her all of the tools before hand and let me smell the toothpaste. She used the toothbrush tool on Makena's hand so that Makena could feel what it would be like. I was so proud of my big girl as she sat so still for the x-rays. Makena even told me that she wanted me to wait in the other room. (I didn't but I thought that was neat.) When she was having her teeth cleaned, Makena held her mouth open so wide and did not even move a muscle! The hygentist gave Makena a special present: stickers, a purple toothbrush, toothpaste, and a ceramic bag to hold it. When the dentist came to look at Makena's teeth she was very complimentary of how good they look! The biggest compliment: no cavities!!!!! Yea for us! Makena let them put the flouride (sp?) trays in her mouth and held still for them. On the way out, the receptionist gave Makena another prize from the treasure chest. Overall, I was very happy and Makena was too. The only bummer thing is that I forgot my camera!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo no pictures!

No comments: