Sunday, July 15, 2007

Future Artist or Vandalist?


Last night, as I was cooking dinner, I heard a strange scratching sound coming from the back of my house. I did not think much of it until suddnely, I realized that I hadn't heard from Makena in a while. I called to her,"Bee, what are you doing?" When I did not get a response, I quickly walked out of the kitchen, about four steps down the hall, and stopped. Makena was scribbing with crayon all over the wall, had turned the corner, and scribbled all over that wall. I calmly said, "What are you doing?" She just looked up at me with her brown eyes and said, "coloring." Well, I had to turn away because I started to laugh. However, that was when Ryan walked in and he did not think it was funny. He walked back outside and I got my camera. I did talk to her about why she shouldn't color on the walls and then I tried to take a picture. I took a few because I was thinking that in the realm of life, it is just crayon the walls, not sharpie...and I think she was funny...ok so maybe not such a smart move but oh well!! Then Ryan had her clean it all of with a Magic Eraser; she scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Then she looked at Ryan and said, "This is hard!" He replied, "I know. It's hard for Mommy and Daddy to clean off too." It took her about 10 minutes to undo what she did in 5 minutes but hopefully she won't color on the walls again. So I ask you, "did I take a picture of a future artist or vandalist?" :)

1 comment:

Jon and Melissa said...

Easton has not done any damage with crayons. He did it with a sharpie to my desk. He also highlighted our leather couch and toke markers to a mattress. I would say he is a vandalist. Ha. Needless to say markers, sharpies and highlighters our now at of reach.