Tuesday, May 29, 2007

5 weeks old


Brody is five weeks old now! He is really getting strong in holding his head up. During tummy time, he pushed himself up with his little arms! His eyes are still blue so we'll see if they change eventually. :) He is now sleeping in his own room and doing great. (We are doing great too. Last night we got almost 6 hours of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Happy Day er. . .Night! Let's hope that lasts!) Back to tummy time, Makena was a tummy sleeper (yes, I know about the whole back to sleep but it did not work for her) but Brody sleeps on his back. Therefore, it is important for development that he has tummy time each day. Well, guess who hates it? Yep, my Baby B! I figure he'll eventually like it. Oh, and Makena LOVED the swing but guess who screams anytime he is placed in it? Yep, Baby B. He does like the Baby Bijorn and the bouncer. He also does not have colic like she did. Funny how different kids are!!

7 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Totally agree about kids being different. I keep saying, "Easton did not do that." I need to stop.

Jon and Melissa said...

Oh, by the way he looks just like Ryan...WOW!!!

Ryan and Melanie said...

I know what you mean about the kids. :) How's life in TN?

Jon and Melissa said...

It is getting hot here. Summer is here...Poor Makenlee has a heat rash b/c of it. I want to take her photo for her birth announcement but it is on her face. I may have Jon photo shop it off. Is that bad? I am so vain. Ha.

Lori said...

Oh my, I think he looks like you! Look at those blue eyes! It is so funny how we try the same tricks with the second one that works with the first. Then they quickly remind us how unique and different they are. A good thing though. Sounds like he is knows what he wants and is determined.

You got 2 dolls!

Liz said...

Hi Melanie,

Marji gave me the link to your website since I just started my own blog. Your family is just beautiful! Makena is getting so big- she is such a sweetheart and so cute. And Brody is so cute and precious!

I am glad to see you are doing well! Your kids are adorable!

Tell Angela I said "HI"

Take care,

Liz (Matela) DiStefano
Here is a link to my site:
www.doublethehugs.blogspot.com

Rebecca Lacko said...

What a gorgeous baby! I'm long overdue in checking in on you FOUR! What a beautiful family you've made, we're so happy for you.
It's been tttooooo long. We should make plans to get together with all our babies!