Thursday, March 08, 2007
Preschool shopping
After checking out three preschools, I have found one that seems almost perfect! It is a brand new one that is opening in April and will operate a summer program. It will then start a regular school year. (Makena is not eligible until the fall due to her b-day.) This program is called a Project Approach or Emerging Curriculum. My good friend, Katherine, was taught this way in her Child Development classes in college so she has explained it to me. While this place will not be run exactly as I would dream, it sounds great. Sooooo here's the big concern for Ryan. It is a multi-age class for 3-5 year olds. As of right now, Makena would be the youngest and apparently for any school with a Sept. 1st cut off date. Soooo. . .what to do?????????? The price is right, the teacher seems wonderful, the program is what I would want if I taught preschool. . . .hmmmmmmmmm who knew that schools would be do difficult to pick?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment