Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Are you SERIOUS???

Makena and I said good-bye to Papa and Mimi this morning and then headed to Auntie's school to buy some MK. After visiting we hopped in the "new" expedition and headed to my friend's house for a playdate. As I am driving, I come to a stoplight. I stop and glance in the rearview mirror where I see a lady with funny looking hair. Well, the next thing I know. . .BAM!!!!! These are my thoughts: what?? oh my gosh!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????????? Is Makena ok? It's a new to us car!!!!! So here's what happened: the funny hair lady decided to go and went into the backend of my car!! Yes, she stepped on the gas and smashed into us! I started freaking out just a tad!! So I called 911 and told them to send everyone b/c of Makena (who seemed ok) and I had never been in an accident before. Well, then I call my friend and tell her that I will be a bit late to the playdate and she says she is coming immediatly to help with Makena. Then I call Ryan and am slowing calming down. The lady gets out of her car and this guy yells, take a picture and then you can move out of the way. (Yea right, I am not about to move from an accident.) Well, the lady says she can't because her car is locked up and undrivable. Ok, so I say hi to the lady and WHAT HAPPENED?? (inside, I felt like saying, you dumb ***!! What were you thinking?? but I did not say anything like that!!!!) The firetruck came and the police and check out Makena and me. They tell me that I should probably go to the ER b/c of the baby. (AHHHHH????) So my friend arrives and takes Makena to her car while I finish with the police. (they were so nice and helpful. I was very impressed!!) I exchange info with the lady and she says to call her and let her know how the baby is doing. (I think she may have started to freak out a bit when she realized she smashed her car up into another car with a toddler and pregnant lady in it.) Ok, so my wonderful friend takes Makena to here house for the morning/afternoon so I can drive 45 min to the ER hospital where my OB works. I have to retell my story and after waiting with Ryan for about an hour, I finally go back. They hear the heartbeat and all is well. So basically my whole day was shot all b/c of this lady with funny hair who wasn't paying attention. GRRRRR. . . . The upside to all of this??? I got to have lunch with Ryan, sort of like a date and we met this neat lady in the ER. Anyway, my big car is damaged but not that bad. Her car is damaged pretty bad. I will post a picture from my camera phone of her car.

5 comments:

Lori said...

oh my! what a day! i am glad to hear you are ok! on another note...i think i noticed your car is black, i should have told you that black cars are cursed. do you remember matt got rear ended in my new car with the temp tag still on!

let me know what happens... i am glad that you are ok! how scary! i bet little one was kinda freaked out.

Lori said...

ohhh i forgot to say...i have a black car. the last time i had a black car was 9 years ago and i smashed it all up...a total loss..in a head on crash! i tell you black is of the devil. hee hee

you were smart to take a photo of the scene.

Ryan and Melanie said...

THanks! I am doiong well and just a tad sore which I guess is to be expected. My car is actually dark, dark brown so I guess both brown and black are not the way to go!!!! :) I cannot believe all the snow you have!!!!

Lori said...

i am sure you remember driving in the snow. it is not good (esp with dark colored cars) i hope you are not sore for long...what was that woman thinking anyway? what did she say to you?

Ryan and Melanie said...

She was just like I am so sorry. I thought you had gone (b/c the light had just turned green). She was an odd one. Oh well!!! Ahhh, snow. I will be seeing it soon!